Rocío Martín Herreros award for Research in Environmental Psychology
Professor Rocío Martín Herreros developed her teaching and research activity in the field of Environmental Psychology, leading and collaborating on several research lines, supporting the management of courses and seminars on Environmental Psychology and achieving a high standard of excellence and quality in her work during the short but intense period of time in which she was able to collaborate with the Autonomous University of Madrid. To honor her memory and to promote the involvement in research in environmental psychology of young people starting their research training, the Associación de Psicología Ambiental, at the meeting held in Lisbon on January 29, 2009, has proposed the creation of an award to promote pre-doctoral research activities in Environmental Psychology with the name "Rocío Martín Herreros Prize for Research in Environmental Psychology". The Faculty of Psychology at the Autonomous University of Madrid and the Department of Social Psychology at the same university have agreed to work together on this initiative, supporting its creation and contributing to its endowment. The awarding of the prize of Rocío Martín Herreros Prize will be regulated in accordance with the following:
1. The "Rocío Martín Herreros Prize for Research in Environmental Psychology" intends to recognize meritorious research work done in the field of Environmental Psychology by researchers or researchers in training and in pre- doctoral scope.
2. The prize is awarded every two years. Any paper presented at the Congress of Environmental Psychology, held every two years, may compete, by the initiative of its authors or by proposal of any member of the Associación de Psicología Ambiental.
3. The jury of the award will be constituted by: the Dean of the School of Psychology at the Autonomous University of Madrid (or his delegate), the President of the Associación de Psicología Ambiental (or his delegate), the President of the Scientific Committee of the Congress of Environmental Psychology (or his delegate) and two members among teachers and researchers of Environmental Psychology appointed on the proposal of the Associación de Psicología Ambiental.
4.The prize shall be given to a single person or a group that present a work at the Congress of Environmental Psychology and that are on training to become researchers. In any case, they must be authors of the winning work. The jury may also designate two honorable mentions, which will receive diplomas.
5. The Prize will be 700 euros. The person awarded will receive a diploma and will be exempt from registration fee in the next Congress of Environmental Psychology, as well as membership fee of the Associación de Psicología Ambiental for two years. The winning work and the works with honorable mention may be published in the Psyecology journal, provided that the authors adapt the presentation of the work to the scientific publishing format and to the journal publishing standards.
6.The jury may decide not to reward any prize. In no case the Jury's decision may be appealed. Any issues will be resolved by the jury which will write a report.
7. The Award ceremony will take place every two years, and, if possible, during one of the plenary sessions of the Congress of Environmental Psychology.
8.Every four years, the Associación de Psicología Ambiental, the Facultyof Psychology at theAutonomous University ofMadridand the Department ofSocialPsychology and Methodologyofthe same university will review this regulation, and will adjust itto new requirements, if necessary,to ensurethe achieving of the objectives of this initiative, whichare to promoteresearch activities ofpeople under training in EnvironmentalPsychology andhonor the memoryof ProfessorRocio MartinHerreros.
|1ª CONVOCATORIA, Almería, 2011
|Félix Pérez Tejera
|2ª CONVOCATORIA, Barcelona, 2013
|MENCIONES DE HONOR
|Rocío García Romero
|3ª CONVOCATORIA, Granada, 2015
|Efraín Gaytán Jiménez
|Mikel Subiza Pérez
|4ª CONVOCATORIA, Évora, 2017